Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Here!

Have you noticed how beautiful babies are? It's amazing how perfectly formed they are...even their personalities. Melanie was born with an opinion and a voice. Marsha was born calm and reserved. Marsha likes to study things, and she loves to cuddle. Melanie likes to grab things, and she loves to wiggle. They both love each other, and I absolutely adore them both.

Melanie was chewing her fingers this afternoon when her eyes suddenly rounded, and she emitted a sound somewhere between a shriek and a cry. She sat there for a minuted, frozen, and then she started to cry. I scooped Mellie up and gave her a finger to chew on...only to shriek myself when she bit down...with a tooth! Melanie has her first tooth! Yeah!

Now, it might seem that six and a half months is not particularly late as far as teeth go, especially for a slightly premature baby...but the rest of my babies (except Marsha, who is still all gums) all had teeth early. Mason's first two teeth were readily visible in his three month pictures. I'm pretty sure he was born teething. Hannah was the slowest teether, and she had her first tooth by five months. So, six and a half months seemed so long for me....

What is really sweet about Melanie's tooth, though, is how she responded to our impromptu party..... She was so excited that I was excited about that tooth! She has been all grins all afternoon long. And she is actually opening her mouth for people this evening! Seriously.... I can say, "show me your tooth" and the jaw drops and juts forward! What a clown!

It's amazing to me that so much personality can be packed into a thirteen pound, six month old body!

No comments:

Post a Comment