Friday, April 3, 2009

Dinner.... or not

I love to cook. And I must say that I have come a long, long way since high school. Just ask Amanda... or my mom.

But tonight was a flashback. I created my own casserole, which would have been good. If you'd like to try it, here goes:
chicken (pulled from the bone, not used last night in chicken and dumplings)
cooked rice (about a cup, whatever you have will work just adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly)
frozen chopped brocolli (I used half a bag)
cream cheese (8 0z, melted and mixed with other ingredients)
chicken broth (just enough to keep it moist while it baked)
cheddar cheese, grated
seasoning of choice, I used a little salt and pepper and a garlic lemon seasoning that I love

I mixed everything but the cheddar cheese and packed it into a casserole dish. If you put it in a smaller container and pack it firmly, it will stay moist and sliceable (is that a word?). Put on the lid and cook it at 350. After about thirty minutes, take off the lid, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Let the casserole sit for 25 to 30 minutes before cutting.

I'm pretty sure this would be tasty, but.... I can tell you that FORGETTING that you put the casserole in the oven is not a good idea.

I do know that the batteries in my smoke detector need to be replaced. That's always good to know. So it wasn't totally wasted, right? I also know that Hannah really doesn't like the smell of smoke. No big surprise there. I also know exactly how long it takes for my husband to drive to the pizza place here in town.

And, fortunately, I should be safe to cook again tomorrow because at dinner Mason prayed that God would "please let mommy stay being a good cook." Thanks.... I think.

If you make my casserole before I do, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. For some odd reason, this makes me feel better about myself. LOL

    Hugs,
    Me

    ReplyDelete