Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mason and Fertility

Mason is a great kid. He's helpful, polite (mostly), smart, adventurous, kind, tough, gentle (when necessary), and generous to a fault. He loves to read, play football, build legos, wrestle with his dad or his kid brother - or just about anyone for that matter. He is a hard worker and already knows what chronic pain is but still smiles every morning when he hobbles into the kitchen for his medicines. He's great company and at that age where he's becoming aware of the world around him.

In all kinds of ways.

Wow. Mason's ten. He came into the kitchen while I was rolling sushi and asked, "Mom, was I born because of invitro fertilization?" Apparently TLC is more educational than I realized. Can that count as health class?

After I picked up my chin, I asked Mason what exactly he understood invitro to be. He did in fact have a basic understanding of the procedure. I told him that no, we had not had him through invitro. That was all I said - after all, I'm in the kitchen rolling sushi.

But he did tell me that when he grows up he's going to have children through invitro fertilization because the other way is just too germy. Kids.

Can he be ten forever?

1 comment: